Monday, August 4, 2008

Tea Party

This past weekend was nice and relaxing. On Sunday, Spiderman and I went to a tea party. A real life tea party. I hadn't ever been to one that didn't involve 4 year olds. The girls wore "garden dresses" and the boys even dressed up too! It was hosted by a work friend of Spiderman's. No one wore top hats or monocles though. That was a little disappointing.
We drank different kinds of tea and had finger sandwiches, scones, cheeses, crackers, bread, and fruit. After a while, we even switched to wine and "port". It was actually really fun and a very unique idea. I just may have to host a tea party of my own pretty soon. I'll dig out my white gloves.
And maybe I'll wear a hat. A wide brimmed one.
And make Spiderman wear a smoking jacket. With a pipe. And a monocle.

5 comments:

Mimi's Toes said...

How neat. Sounded like a delightful time. Oh, you should go to New Buffalo. It is so close and very beautiful.

Brandi said...

Im glad you had fun with his work friends. tha would be cool to have a tea party. We need to pick a weekend in September to go down and see Angela. Let me know!!

Anonymous said...

My friend wanted a "high tea" themed bridal shower. I didn't know what the eff that was!! Basically, it meant everything was tiny and bland. If I'd known you could've broke out the port, it would've been WAY more fun!

readsalot said...

My bridal shower was a tea party. It was so fun and everything was very tasty. Nothing bland and we had drinks with champagne as well as tea. Tea houses are also really great. If I could get my husband to wear a monocle and top hat, I would probably throw a tea party too.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to get a monocle and a stovepipe hat. Perhaps halloween...