Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm Losing My Mind--How Are You?

I feel like I'm going crazy. I woke up this morning with not one, but two really large, really painful zits. One on my forehead and one on my chin. They're not the kind you can just squeeze and go on your merry way either. They're the swollen, hard, painful kind. All day I've felt just like those zits. A building up of pressure that cannot be released. My emotions are all over the place and I've been crying or snapping on and off all day with NO warning.
Since starting Clomid a few months ago I've had very few physical changes, but this month. OH. MY. GOD. I started my period today and I feel like with it came a totally different Sarah.
Crazy Sarah.
I know, it's not like I had that far to go.
It also doesn't help that I have to refill my prescription for the Clomid so that I can start taking it again days 3-7 of my period. Since day three would technically be on Monday for me, I called the pharmacy and my dr's office today....to give them time...because of the holiday. What I got was snippy receptionists telling me that they cannot help me until Tuesday. They have NO idea who is on call for my Dr. (he's not available this weekend) I find it hard to believe that no one else has ever been in this situation before. Shouldn't they be prepared for this? Shouldn't there be some action plan in place for this type of situation? Does nobody EVER start their period on a Friday before a long weekend? Will waiting to take the meds from days 4-8 totally screw me up--more than I already am now? Who knows, but I guess I don't have a choice.
A long hot bath and a half a bottle of champagne (we're out of wine) is totally smoothing out the edges though. And watching the diving horse movie.
Tomorrow is my step sister's wedding where the zits and my big water retaining butt will be photographed repeatedly. I can hardly wait. I'm sure I'll be SO pleasant. I feel a little sorry for Spiderman.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

That always totally blows my mind, too, when someone acts as if I am the FIRST PERSON EVER to have what MUST be a totally unremarkable issue. They think they are making ME feel stupid, but actually I am thinking THEY are the stupid ones for not figuring out how to handle it.