Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Near Escape

I had a job interview yesterday. It was for a sales position for a large, national, home oxygen company. I hadn't been on a job interview in 11 years. I actually didn't even interview for the job I have now. I was there as a student for clinicals, worked as a student, and they just kept me on...for almost 9 years. As you can imagine I was more than a little freaked. I borrowed a super cute suit from my mom. ( I wear scrubs every day I don't own a suit) I had my super cute new hair-do (thanks again Amber). By the time I actually went to the interview (after a 12 hour shift at the Chamber) my stomach was all in knots. I must have done well because after we were done the guy told me it was between me and one other person. Of course. I'm awesome.
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to tell him that I'm not interested. It would be a pay cut and I can't afford to take a pay cut. But....it was good experience. I'm sure I'll have to go on another interview in the next 11 years and I want to be ready.

2 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

It was all in the name of good hair. Time was not wasted. I think your decision was wise, it'd be hard to support you book habit without some dough.

Anonymous said...

Sarah--Howa re you darling? I am thankful that you will not be leaving the chamber--I would miss you so, then again... I wouldn't blame you. I miss you--hopefully I will get to see you soon.