Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Music Man

Growing up we didn't have a lot of money. When my brother and sister and I were little we would play outside all summer long. There was always a certain time of day that my mother would call us in the house though. The time of day when the "music man" made his rounds. You know the truck that drives through neighborhoods on hot, sunny, summer days playing music for the children to enjoy. That's what my mother told us. Never did she mention that the music man also SOLD ICE CREAM. She would call us into the house so that we wouldn't see the other children getting their Dreamsicles and red/white/blue Popsicles. It took us years to figure that out. How stupid were we.
When we moved into this house last July I discovered that the "music man" came to our neighborhood too. I can not tell you how freakin' excited I was. I got a Fudgesicle. It was heaven. I've already heard them once this year, but I couldn't get my change fast enough. I'm making up for lost time.
Also, my pay it forward prize from The Modern Gal came in the mail today.

Look at all my goodies. The book looks like it will be funny. I also especially love the notebook (I'm a list maker) and pencils. I used to LOVE those pencils when I was a kid. It was revolutionary to have a pencil that didn't need sharpening you just pulled out another insert. Very big with the elementary school crowd. And we've already established that I'm an office supply junkie.

2 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

In my defense, you kids all appreciate good/bad music to this day. (HELLLOOO, IPOD Goddess) and it's not like you didn't have frozen treats from our freezer! I just couldn't afford the cost on a daily basis and didn't want you all to be so disappointed. Plus toddlers standing on the curb while a recent release from prison with a record of child perversity gave them Push-Ups priced at $3.50 FREAKED me out.

The Modern Gal said...

Glad you liked it :-) Let me know what you think of the book.