Monday, March 30, 2009

Baths....and Other Vices

Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE my tub? It's one of the main reasons Spiderman and I bought this house. In our old condo, the master bathroom had a shower only and the spare bathroom had a tub that was so small I could hardly recline at all. When we were house hunting, I knew I needed a larger tub. At the time I was working a lot of 12/16 hour shifts and I really enjoyed the soak to soothe my tired muscles.

This tub totally fits the bill. It is so deep that when I get in and lay back a little, you can only see my head. It's a jacuzzi tub, but I rarely use the jets. I just enjoy soaking. Besides....the jets ruin your bubbles!

I don't take a bath as often as I would like anymore. Sometimes, a shower is just quicker. The way I take a bath.... it's an event.
I light my lavender candle from Yankee Candle. Lavender is one of my favorite scents in the world.
In my basket of goodies, I have various scents of bubble baths, bath salts, fizz balls, and bath scrub. I told you it was an event!
Plus, I'm a sucker for products. Last weekend my mother and sister and I purchased this product.
Smooth Legs. Ever heard of it? It's Easy, Safe, and Painless! They did a demonstration on our arms and it took the hair off painlessly. Being the complete lemmings that we are, we each bought a box.
This is what the kit comes with. Pink, plastic holders that you place the black magic pads on. You rub in a circular motion, and the hair disappears. In theory. When I got home, it took twice as long to do my legs as regular shaving would have.
And see this smaller holder?
It's for doing facial hair. Now, I don't have a lot of facial hair. I have a light peach fuzz on my upper lip. It's hardly noticeable, but I had to try out my new product.
So, the black pad? It's basically a fine grade of sandpaper. On my upper lip. The peach fuzz? Hardly noticeable. The red burning rash that followed my session? VERY noticeable.
And the best part? Days later, the skin on my upper lip has started peeling. Like a sunburn. It's very attractive.

Easy? yes.
Safe? I guess.
Painless? I don't think so.....and I'm now emotionally scarred.

I may have learned my lesson.
We'll see.

***Don't forget, if you haven't entered my blogiversary contest I will announce the winner tomorrow!*****

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I like ot take a bath sometimes, but then I feel that I am just sitting in my own filth and it kind of grosses me out so I get out of the tub. I am more of a Shower girl.
P.S. Dont use those hair remover things anymore!!!!

designHER Momma said...

I'm a total bath girl as well. love me a good soak...

Mimi's Toes said...

Oh, that tub looks so inviting about right now! And I love your other vices too!