Monday, March 23, 2009

I Need Your Help!!

I took the weekend to relax and regroup.
I wallowed a bit, but now I'm ready to turn my focus to something else. Something more productive than burning down the Chamber of Horrors. (the place where I work if you're new to this blog)

I'm getting ready to do the Chicago Avon Walk for Breast Cancer again this year. I walk in honor of my friend Rachelle who lost her battle with breast cancer almost 5 years ago. I cannot believe that it's been that long. She's the woman who introduced me to Spiderman and she was sure we were going to get married before I think even he or I knew it. Her presence was felt on our wedding day by the bright, sunny 70 degree weather.
Rachelle was an inspiration not in her death, but in the way she lived her life. She lived to enjoy each and every day and make her time memorable. I think we can all stand to follow her amazing lead. When things get rough, like this past Friday, and I start to lose hope, I just think of Rachelle and her resilient spirit, quick smiles and infectious laughter.

Other than all the physical training I will be doing I need to raise $1,800 by the first weekend in June. I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Please make a donation at my website.
The money not only goes to breast cancer research, but to help assist with treatment and detection.

I can't think of a better way to honor Rachelle, can you?

2 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Count me in! Rachelle was a great friend, a true "Pollyanna" right through the end, and since her passing, I try to live each day with no regrets.
I hate breast cancer and what it does to men and women alike (mostly women we hear of or have a relationship with)

Mimi's Toes said...

Count me in too! I felt something awesome when I read this post about Rachelle, almost like I knew her. It's great that you are keeping her memory alive by walking.