Friday, June 27, 2008

Goin' To The Drive-In

Let me start this post by saying that working 5 days a week is for the birds. I am SO freakin' tired! I know my body will get used to this, but until it does....it sucks. Plus I only have tomorrow off and then I work Sun-Thurs. But then.....I get a 3 day weekend!!! I haven't had a three day weekend in FOREVER.
I want to take a nap a little later because Spiderman and I are going to the Drive-In tonight. (If it doesn't rain which looks iffy). We're going to see Get Smart and The Incredible Hulk. I used to love going to the drive-in when I was a kid. We always knew we were going when after dinner my mother would start popping popcorn and putting it in a brown paper bag. We'd get SO excited. Once, I even remember my mother let us wear our PJ's. We'd get there early before the movie started so we could play on the playground and watch the cartoons. A few times we were allowed to sit on the hood of the car. The things that impress little kids amazes me. I never went to the drive-in on a date though for 2 reasons.
1. My mother NEVER would have allowed it. She was strict like that.
2. The drive-in where I grew up closed when I was in High School.

You can imagine my excitement to find that where I live now has a drive-in and it's not that far from my house. I've only been there once, and it was a few years ago.
Maybe Spiderman and I will make out.

No comments: