Sunday, April 6, 2008

OMG!

I have always been fascinated with twins. I wanted to have a twin. I watched shows about twins. (remember Double Trouble?) I think most girls at one time in their lives all have the twin sister fantasy. You know... instant best girlfriend...dressing alike...switching places.... all that. Where am I going with this, you ask?

Okay, so I'm a total nerd. I just read that they are reissuing Sweet Valley High! I loved that series. I would go to the library and get 10-15 of those books at a time and just tear through them! I started reading them when I was in elementary school. My mother got me the Sweet Valley Twins books and it wasn't long before I segued into the High School years. Sweet Valley High books were everywhere so I know I wasn't the only one reading them. Admit it, you read them too. Remember when Elizabeth's boyfriend Todd got a motorcycle and they crashed? She was in a coma and woke up acting more like Jessica. Remember Jessica's snotty rich friend Lila? Ohhh I hated her! I wanted to work on the Oracle with Liz and Enid. Remember when Todd moved away? I cried like an idiot. The twin's mother was a working mother and I used to imagine "starting dinner" like they used to. It seemed so grown up. When my newly divorced mother went back to work, the reality didn't prove to be quite as exotic or fun.
It's nice to see that they will influence another generation of girls in hopefully the same way that they influenced me. I just may have to pick one up and reread it. Come on, you know you want to!

No comments: