Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hormonal Energy

It's official!
My last shift done.
I'm on VACATION!!!!! (can you tell I'm excited?)

Thanks for all your suggestions. I made an appointment for Wednesday for the facial. I'll let you know how it goes. It seems like I've had more migraines than usual with the onset of summer and I think the face, neck and head massage that comes with the facial will feel SOOOOO good. Plus with all the hormones I've been taking (and now NOT taking) lately, my skin could use a little help.

The last few days I've been trying to really clean my house good so that I don't feel like I have to do it while I'm on vacation. I want to just relax. It helps that I've been hormonal. I always get really clean-y around my time of the month. Of course I clean all the time, but once a month I get crazy about cleaning. I mean, those are the times when I clean out my cabinets, closets, and refrigerator. I clean my windows and vacuum my furniture. The clutter really bothers me. Everything seems really dirty. I usually get on my hands and knees and scrub all the floors because they just can't get clean enough. I feel this compulsion to organize.
Spiderman can always tell when it's around that time because he'll come home and I'll have alphabetized the spices or some strange shit like that.
I know that pregnant women get the "nesting" thing because of their hormones. I wonder if it's related. I get all this restless energy. I've always been this way.

Is it just me, or do you get to scrubbin' around your time of the month too?

3 comments:

readsalot said...

I'm the opposite. I get REALLY lazy and eat a lot. I wish I got scrub happy. My apartment would look a lot better.

Happy Vacation!

Robin said...

I am totally that way...hormones or not!
Happy vacation,
R

Jen said...

I probably clean more around that time of the month because I tend to be more angry. I clean when I'm angry. I have no idea why.