Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Guess What? I'm Crazy.

I'm an obsess-er. Sometimes I get worked up about something and I obsess and worry and lose sleep over it. Sometimes it's something big, but most often it's something stupid and trivial and it's not a big deal to anyone else.... but it is to me. I take things personally. I get embarrassed and mortified at the thought of ever having done anything that would be remotely considered wrong (especially if it's work related) and I become crazed. Even months, years, later I need only think about it again and the cycle continues.

So why am I telling you this?

Because a little thing happened at work today. More of an annoyance. To anyone else but me probably. But can I let it go? NO. Here I sit obsessing about how I can be better. How I can avoid bad situations in the future. Beating myself up. I'm type A. I have to be perfect. If it happened to someone else, I would probably cut them some slack. But myself? NO.

I wish I could get my brain to shut off. Maybe I have OCD or something.

Do you ever find yourself obsessing about situations in which you were wrong? How do you let go and move on?

3 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Let go? Move on? aRe you sure you are my daughter?

Becky Durham said...

I'm the same way. I'll think about something I said or did months ago and it will make me shudder and I'll get all worried again.

But that's not good...

Hope you're doing well otherwise!

Brandi said...

I understand Sarah you know I cant let things go!!!
What happened at work????