Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Love A Clean House!

When I woke up this morning the temperature dropped to 72 degrees. It feels like fall weather. Have I mentioned I LOVE fall weather? I opened up all the windows in the house to air it out. After several months of sweltering heat and constantly running the air conditioning the air feels kind of stale.

With the windows open I felt like cleaning. All the bathrooms have been scrubbed, the floors mopped, the carpets vacuumed, laundry washed and folded, and every surface dusted. I've got a pot of beef vegetable soup simmering on the stove and homemade bread fresh from the oven.

Does it get any better than this?

I think I'll make a cup of tea and curl up with a book.

2 comments:

Val said...

I can't wait for that kind of weather here in Texas.

readsalot said...

I love that kind of weather. I miss that about Chicago, the early signs of fall. Here, in sunny Florida, it is 88 degrees.