Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grumpy and Sleep Deprived

I now have to post from my old "home" computer, otherwise known as the slowest computer in the history of the world. And I have to sit in my office where I can't watch TV or anything. I hate it. They were able to fix the motherboard on my laptop, but stripped a screw while doing it so they have to come back to fix that.....and I need a new keyboard...which will be another visit. Unless I don't want to ever actually type anything. Oh, and the Dell guy won't come after 3pm. I told him that I work till 3pm mon-fri and Spiderman works till 5. You'd think they'd be a little more accommodating since, like, ALMOST EVERYONE has a 9-5 job. They don't have any sort of evening hours? WTF?!?
Sorry if this post is a little grumpy. I'm also sleep deprived. I had to have an EEG performed this morning as I've been having some strange visual disturbances in addition to the migraines that I already suffer from. After mentioning it to my Dr, he thinks it's a possibility that they could be small seizures and wanted to check. That's all fine and dandy....check away....except that there were stipulations when I called to schedule the appointment. I had to come with clean hair (not an issue), couldn't have caffeine or chocolate beforehand (there goes my candy breakfast) and here's the kicker, I could only sleep from midnight to 4am. They wanted me to fall asleep. Midnight to 4am? 4 hours of sleep? They let prisoners of war sleep longer than that! Sleep deprivation is a form or torture you know. Plus I wasn't thinking when I made the appointment and I had all 4 of the students. Needless to say, I was not overly pleasant today. I thought it best that they did a lot of "independent study".
I feel like I can hardly think anymore.
I think I'm going to take a nap.

3 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

You sure look pretty today.

Jenn Martinson said...

Um...what the heck is in dirty hair that would impact the accuracy of an EEG? That's pretty scary.

Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Amy Plumb said...

I hate the prep for test, always makes you feel worse. I hope you went home and had a big giant chocolate bar and a big long nap sounds like you needed one. lol
Hope your test comes back o.k.
Amy