Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Slightly Better Mood

My next writing assignment is to go someplace that I've always wanted to go and base a story on it.  Since I can't go to my first choice....France....I thought that a more reachable goal would be to go to the new yarn store that opened up in my town not too long ago.  To help lift me out of my funk I signed up for a knitting class.  My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was a little girl, but I've always wanted to knit.  The classes don't start until October, but I'm still excited.  Just going into the store gave me tons of ideas for my story.  And maybe I'll get a nice scarf or hat to boot!
To further improve my mood, I had a package on my front porch.  I love to get mail of any kind, but especially packages!  I had ordered a few things from LL Bean and they finally came! (well, I say finally, but it really only took 3 days)



I've always wanted this coat, but could never decide on which color to get.  I finally decided on the Stone color.  I can't wait for the cooler fall days so I can wear it.  It's flannel lined!



I already have a flannel nightgown from LL Bean.  It's plaid.  I Love, Love, Love it!  It's my Favorite nightgown since I am always freezing in the winter.  Spiderman hates it, but I don't care.  It reminds him of little house on the prairie.  I just had to get this vintagey-looking one. 
It's going to be a divine winter!

6 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Divine! I love packages too. Even when they aren't for me. I hang around shaking them and wondering what's in it. I like mail too. You must be a winter person Sarah.

Jenn Martinson said...

I was looking through my husband's closet the other day and realized everything is blue, white or black. So you guys may be related...

Mimi's Toes said...

Good for you wanting to learn to knit. My daughter, Steph knit's. I could never hold those dern needles. Love the gown...very cozy looking.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi! What an adorable nightgown, and what a cute blog. Love the title! I'll be back. (:

Amy Plumb said...

I like them both. (coat and nightgown)
So the nightgown is not sexy, but in the winter when your cold sexy is not important.
Amy

George said...

The best thing about nightgowns ... especially in the winter ... is the luxurious feel of soft, smooth, warm skin under it. Only if your hands are warm. too. I don't think it's a cool thing to stuff cold hands under a warm nightgown ... that is if you want to sleep with her again.