Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Feels Good To Be Clean

Like most people (I hope) I shower every day. I prefer to shower in the evening. There's something soothing about washing the day's filth and stink away before getting into bed. Plus it means I get to sleep in longer in the morning which I love, love, love. Not that I don't also sometimes shower again in the AM. I just prefer the evening.

Most days I shower out of necessity and habit. Another task to be done. Like brushing my teeth or doing laundry. I don't think about it. Then there are some days where I have what I like to call the Best. Shower. Ever.

Do you ever have those?

You know what I mean. When a shower is more than just a chore. It somehow refreshes and replenishes you. Washes away all the crap from the day and makes you feel great.
Some examples?
  • When you shower after a long day of traveling, whether it be by plane or a long car ride.
  • That shower after a day spent at the beach or pool and you are greasy and sticky with sweat and sunscreen.
  • The first shower after you've been sick for several days. When your hair is gross and sticking to your face from a fever long broken and you've been in the same pj's for a few days.
  • For me, when I've been working a 12 hour shift and I'm covered in god-knows-what and my own sweat. When my hair and body smell like old people and death.

So tell me, what are some of your contenders for Best Shower Ever?

6 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Does soaking in a long LONG bath count?

Yo mama! said...

There was one hospital I worked at that for whatever reason I always felt really dirty after my shift. The place I'm at now not so much. However, it seems when I doing floor therapy or working in the PICU I feel like I need a long hot shower as I walk thru the door. Don't feel like that so much when working in the ICU or NICU....

Amoco said...

Right now a HOT shower constitutues as the best shower ever for me. Our house is 100 years old and the plumbing, well, leaves a lot to be desired. I haven't taken a hot shower ever in that house. I relished the time we spent in B&Bs when we were on holidays solely for the hot showers.

Anonymous said...

My best shower was probably the one I took after Rory was born. Due to when I went into labor and when she was born, it had been awhile since I had showered. The hospital had a spa like shower with jets coming out at all angles. Needless to say, it was awesome! After I was done I felt like a real person again.

Anonymous said...

My last soccer game as a senior in high school. I know that sounds pathetically long ago, but it was glory and defeat and ending and a beginning all in one shower.

Mimi's Toes said...

I'm a shower person also. I love a shower after a workout at Curves. Also, there's nothing like a shower after the beach or doing yard work. I only take baths when I'm really sick and running a fever and have body aches.