Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Little Guy's Room

So for the most part Ninja Baby's room is done. We're still waiting for his glider to come in but other than that, it's looking like somebody's bedroom. So I decided to take some pictures for you all.
Here's a picture from the doorway. The ceiling is painted blue with clouds.
Here's his closet. This kid already has a shit ton of clothes.....thanks in large part to Grandma. His dresser is also full. And you can also see I've been stockpiling diapers in various sizes.
The pictures over his changing table were drawn and painted by my mother for my playroom when I was little. I reframed them.
The toybox was also mine when I was little. My Grandfather made it for me and it's extra special to me as he died when I was 3.
Here's his little crib and bookshelf. Notice how full his bookshelf is? Hopefully he'll have his momma's love of reading. I don't think he'll have much of a choice.
And the turtle? It's actually a nightlight. On the top of the shell is tiny little stars that project themselves onto the ceiling when you turn it on. It's wicked awesome.
So that's it. His room. Just waiting for him.
What do you all think?

6 comments:

Yo mama! said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Robin said...

It looks awesome! I adore the art...the fact that your mom made them, and they also decorated your nursery makes it even better. Congrats!!!

cwjsmama said...

I have been absent from my invisible friends for far too long!!!!

Yay! Youre having a baby! Congrats!

Amoco said...

Super cute. I love the green on the walls, what a happy color. The drawings are sweet too.

Jen said...

Absolutely precious! I love that you added tons of sentimental items and really made it your own. I'm sure he will love it!

Sorry I've been MIA. Hope your pregnancy has been going well.

Mimi's Toes said...

Green is my favorite color! It is awesome. And, do I see his name? Jack? That's my youngest grandson's name. I do love how you are using your toy box.