Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Guess Where I Went This Weekend?

Oh, yeah. That's right. I went to see Mary Poppins and it was AWESOME! For my birthday, my mother-in-law got tickets for my sisters-in-law and I to go. They were front row, center. Wonderful, glorious seats! The show was fabulous and I recommend it to anyone.
When I was a little girl, I was a Mary Poppins freak. (Ok, maybe I still am, I mean look at my blog title after all) I mean I was Mary Poppins when I was a kid.

Despite the gloomy, rainy day in Chicago we still managed to have a great time. We ate at a restaurant right next to the theatre. It had the prettiest view!
This was the view from our table. We sat right next to the window and bonus: got to see a car accident. Gotta love driving in the rain. The food was excellent and I even had flourless chocolate cake to fulfill my constant chocolate craving.
At the theatre, we answered some Poppin's trivia to win free soundtrack CD's. Finally we made it to our seats. The lights dimmed.....
And the guy sitting next to me proceeded to bounce his leg up and down so hard that it shook my whole seat. The entire first half he alternated bouncing his leg, checking the time on his cell phone, and giving a big sigh and shifting in his seat. I was like, Dude, if you don't want to see the show get up and leave! Don't ruin it for me!
It took everything in me not to punch him. I was actually surprised that I only calmly laid my hand on his knee. I told him to stop making my chair shake......or else I would kill him. Well, not the last part, but I did think it.
Overall, though, it was a wonderful time.
I'm glad I got to see it with my "girls".

6 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

What an awesome night out! AND you won cd's??? How wonderful! It truly was a good show, and I'm glad you had such a good time.

Brandi said...

So happy that you had an awesome time. You will have to tell me all about it. And by the way I have not heard from you so give me a call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mimi's Toes said...

Oh, wow! We were just talking about this last night, how my daughter-in-law and I want to see it. Front row seats are awesome too. Glad you were able to go and I think I would have decked that pesty nervous guy, so you were nice!

Robin said...

Sounds awesome!

Also, thanks so much for the Borders card...I got it this week and can't wait to go pick some fun books!

Anonymous said...

Here is the link to the Mary Poppins trailer that I was telling you about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

Here is one for Home Alone, too. It's also a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckadRU3q_g

Enjoy.

Greg P.

readsalot said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a great time. I love shows like that!