Friday, December 31, 2010

An Interesting Development

I'm sorry I haven't posted much this week, but I've been busy with another work transition. It's something that was in the works for a while, but I couldn't really talk about it. As of the new year, I will be the new supervisor of my department! This week I have been "unofficially" learning my new job. So what does this mean for me?

  • I won't be doing as much direct patient care, but I do intend to help my coworkers out when I can so I don't lose my skills. Also, I probably won't be able to help myself. I like the clinical side.
  • I now get the hassle of making out the schedule for all 51 staff members at both campuses.
  • I get a set schedule of Mon-fri. Which is both nice, and annoying. Nice because I don't work weekends, but annoying because I'm used to working 12's and only being there a few days a week.
  • No more holidays. 'Nuff said.
  • I do have a beeper which, depending on the day, can be a real pain in the ass.
  • I also get a 10% raise. Hollah!

I'm both excited and nervous about this new development. Excited because I can do and learn some new things, and nervous because I know there will be people who will challenge me. We'll just have to see how it all turns out!

Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations and good luck with your new position! I totally get the excited but nervous feelings. That is exactly where I am right now too!

Oh and Happy New Year too!!

JENNerilizations said...

Instead of having 1 kid, now you have 1 + 51!! Congrats on the position.

Yo mama! said...

Congrats! I wish you great luck and patience. I myself took charge one too many times to ever want to deal with the BS politics.