Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Hate Snow

So I started my morning off in a ditch.

I had to work this morning and left my house at quarter to six. We'd had some snow this weekend so I always leave extra time to get to work so I can be careful. I was only a few blocks from my house on a side street when I hit a patch of ice and slid off the road. I wasn't really that far from the road, but just enough to need a tow truck. I have never called a tow truck before. I called Spiderman who gave me some numbers. The first number said they'd send someone right out. I put my hazard lights on and waited. 15 minutes later, a tow truck pulled up. I couldn't remember who I called and assumed it was them. The guy said that since I'd already called someone, he wouldn't "poach". I was like fine, whatever, I'll just sit here in my ditch then. As he was pulling away, I got a phone call on my cell from the other company saying they had to go to an accident and I should call someone else. F***!! I could still see the other guys tail lights, but he wouldn't come back! So I had to start over and call someone else.

And wait.

I finally got to work and was only 35 minutes late, but it set the tone for the rest of the day.

And to think it's only the beginning of December, much more snow to come....

1 comment:

Amoco said...

That sucks. I despise winter.