Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Welcome to Crazy Town!

Some of you who frequently read this blog or who know me IRL know that I'm a worrier by nature and a little (lot) neurotic. Being pregnant has done nothing to help this state. Here are some things that I have been worrying about since I became pregnant in no particular order:

  • What if I/Spiderman/ the baby dies?
  • What if the baby has downe's syndrome/ cerebral palsy/ ANYTHING wrong with it?
  • What if I don't like him?
  • What if he doesn't like me?
  • What if I have a bleed or throw a clot during delivery?
  • What if he's born prematurely?
  • What if he grows up to be an asshole?
  • Or a Radical Republican?
  • Where am I going to put him while I'm working? ( I still haven't figured that out yet)
  • What if he's allergic to the cats?
  • I hope I don't have postpartum depression ( I am prone to depression in general)
  • What if I don't like being a mom?
  • What if he has colic?
  • What if I get pregnant again right away?
  • What if I never have a waist again?

I'm sure there are more that I just can't think of right now. Is this normal? I try sharing some of these fears with Spiderman and he just freaks out even more and tells me he's already worried enough and not to make it worse. It's not helping that our air conditioner is currently broken, it's 90 degree's out, and Spiderman losing his job is a very real possibility.

I just can't help worrying.

4 comments:

Mimi's Toes said...

Quit that worrying girl! You don't want your baby to feel all that stress, he will come out with lines on his forehead...lol. I guess it's normal to worry but everything will turn out great, just watch and see.

Anonymous said...

Those are all really valid worries - I had most of them myself.

We took out large life insurance policies and asked my sister and her husband if they'd be our son's guardians if anything should happen to us. We switched to the best health insurance plan my job offers just in case our son was born with a health issue. When I cried during our first week home, the hubby consistently asked me what was wrong, made me talk about it, and proactively asked me every day how I was doing (I, too, have suffered from depression).

I think it's all about doing the best you can to prepare for/deal with anything that might come up. Since colic tends to come up in week 3 and our son is two weeks old, I sit in fear of that now and just hope it doesn't happen.

I think being a mom means always having something to worry about. It must be why we worry SO much during pregnancy.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Hello. Sorry you have the worry gene.

Try to relax ab out things of which you have no control.

Spiderman does have some control regarding his job search. You can actively seek out a sitter. The rest is up to a higher power. So, just quit thinkin about it and enjoy the time.


I know, easier said than done. Do what you can do. That way all the fussiness tasks are covered. Eat, rest, exercise (yes - exercise!) prepare your nest, his room etc. the rest is something you can't control or worry about. Look how well you kids turned out. No, I mean it, seriously. Democrat or Republican, whole or broken, you will love him anyway.

readsalot said...

I totally understand when it comes to worrying. The hubby and I are thinking about babies and I am already starting to worry. Just try to relax whenever you can. Keep those naps coming. Do whatever you can now to make yourself feel a little less stress whenever you get the chance. That is what I plan on doing.