Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Table Topics

Today's guest blogger is Shannon from Welcome to the Nuthouse. She's a more recent blogging buddy who I bonded with over our joint loves of Jane Austen and Gerard Butler. **Sigh** There I go....thinking of Gerard again.....anyways, if you haven't been by her blog yet, GO! She's hysterical and her girls are adorable!

Being a self-proclaimed Jane Austen-addict, I've always wondered what it would be like to live during England's Regency Era. The etiquette of the day fascinates me. As does the fashion:




Breeches? Cravats? Waistcoats?

Yes, please!

However, in truth, I'd just want to visit Regency England... not live during that time. After a day or two (or probably just after a few hours!) of adhering to the strict social protocols, I'd be more than ready to return back to the 21st Century! Not to mention back to the land of air conditioning, Coca-Cola, and cable TV.

what historical time period would you like to visit?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 40s or 50s...that's just what popped into my head :-)

Shannon said...

I think my 2nd choice would be back during the Pioneer days... I was a HUGE fan of Laura Ingalls Wilder and "Little House on the Prairie"!

Tam said...

I am a modern girl for sure. I have a hard time thinking about even going camping. Motel Six is not roughing it according to my husband. I guess I would have to say the fifties or Sixties! I do not think I could go back any futher than that!

T said...

I would totally be the hippie girl!! I sometimes thing I was born at the wrong time!

brainella said...

Late 1930's early 40's...the time period fascinates me. WWII era America -- when women really sought to break out of the stereotypical mold of being wife/mother.

Michelle said...

I love reading about the dark ages, but I'm pretty sure I would want to visit them. :)

CaraBee said...

Honestly, I would love to live in just about every time period. Ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, medieval, Elizabethan, Victorian. Gosh, they all seem so interesting, not to mention they generally liked curvier gals back in those days. I wouldn't want to stay there, though. I wouldn't last very long without air conditioning.

Heather said...

Definitely the 1800's, on the homestead with Ma and Pa and the rest of the Ingalls!

Yep, I'm a pioneer girl at heart.

Amy said...

I think I'd agree with some of the others and say back to the Pioneer days. Except without the small pox or the childhood mortality rate.

Brandy said...

I'm thinking the roaring 20's. Flapper dresses? Yes, please.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

The Regency is so interesting. But I am not sure that I would weather the lack of deodorant. Then again, I am not sure how I'd deal with the lack of deodorant in most time periods :-)

JackeeG4glamorous said...

The lack of many "sanitary products" EWWWWW.
Or simple antibiotics, soap, toothpaste, and Cable TV.

I'm voting for the 50's. The 1950's.

Anonymous said...

gateway car parking locate 2008 nissan versa auto express survey 1964 ford fairlane front suspension carolina kinston north volkswagen