Wednesday, February 11, 2009

They Just Let Anyone Have Kids Don't They?

Did anyone else witness child abuse on television last night? I'm referring to the interview with the mother of the octuplets. There were SO many things about that interview that bothered/angered me that I feel that I have to make a list.
  1. 14 children? And no job?? And no partner???
  2. As someone in the medical field I feel that the fertility Dr. should be held accountable. I mean, it's irresponsible to let her have that many kids that she cannot take care of.
  3. But wait, she'll be able to take care of them once she receives her degree....in psychology. Good luck with that one, lady.
  4. She seemed a little obsessive about having children so she could have people to love her. Maybe you should have to take a psych test before you can have that many children. It's just a thought.
  5. People are NOT supposed to have litters of babies. It's not healthy or safe for the babies to be in there with 7 others. 8 babies all vying for limited resources. They will all grow up to have problems. Respiratory, developmental, cerebral palsy...etc. As a parent if you can possibly avoid the risk of having your child born with issues shouldn't you do it? It's selfish and irresponsible.
  6. She didn't seem to give a crap about what any of the children wanted, or what was best for them, just what SHE wanted. When they interviewed her other children, they didn't seem thrilled to have 8 new brothers and sisters to compete with for mommy's attention. Kids aren't stupid you know. They seemed to have a better grip on reality than the mom did.
  7. She said she had invitro because of her advanced age of 25. 25?? I'm ancient then.
  8. This crazy chick has 14 kids and I can't manage to be blessed with one? Does this seem fair?
  9. And finally....she looked like she had her lips done. It was annoying, because if she did shouldn't she be saving that money for all those damn kids?

Did any of you see the interview and if so, what did you think?

5 comments:

ehook said...

Too funny. I watched this as well. I totally agree. Have you seen the show 18 kids and counting. I don't think it's right to have your older children raising your younger ones, b/c you can't..

Mimi's Toes said...

I will be back to comment, but wanted to let you know, I gave you an award...check out my blog.

Anonymous said...

I saw a snippet the other day and thought she was nucking futs. Having kids so someone will love you sounds like some crap a 14 year old girl would say. I weep for kids. And her parents.

Melanie Sheridan said...

Many things about this situation is disturbing. I'd love to have another baby but now that I'm a SAHM the financial impact is just too scary. I'm a homeowner with a degree and a spouse and I'm not having my SECOND child.

Anonymous said...

The woman is clearly insane. She must have some kind of psychopathic imbalance going on somewhere...I can more understand people like that "18 and counting" show who are married, committed, and using natural means, but to get implanted with 8 babies after having 6? Something's fishy.

Your tax dollars at work.