Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My First Blog!

I am super excited about my first blog entry!! I have been reading my friend (or imaginary friend as I like to refer to her) Beth's blog for over a year now and thought it was time to try my very own.
As a child I was VERY into Mary Poppins. I mean I WAS Mary Poppins. I had an old hat of my mother's adorned with 2 smashed flowers and a clear plastic umbrella with large, red ladybugs. I would run around singing chim chimminy and tried to fly off my grandmother's balcony. (She liked to encourage my imagination. She was my "fairy" grandmother.) As an adult I still enjoy the scene with Mary pulling an assortment of items out of her neverendingly large purse. I can relate. I always have a large purse. I could never understand women with small purses. I need my stuff.
I'm not entirely sure what this blog is going to be about yet, but I figure that I'll write as much as I can and see where it leads...and who reads.
I'll just jump right in and tell a little about myself. I just turned 30 (groan) years old and my husband and I have been married for about a year and a half. This past summer we moved into a new house. We're working on the children part. That's an entirely different post. I work full time as a Respiratory Therapist and am going to school part time for secondary education. I'm trying to have as many different careers as possible before I die. I think I'll go to culinary school next.
Today in class I got back an 8 page paper I wrote on Raymond Carver. (I know, super exciting stuff) I got an A-. I think I'm going to put it on the fridge.

3 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Good luck on your first attempt at bloggin. I too love all that is Poppins! I'll "popp-in" to read every now and again. Keep on typing! JMG

Anonymous said...

Sarah You are so crazy and I love it!!!! I never have done a blog before, so you have De-Virginized me to blogging!!!! HA HA No it is really cool and I like it alot. BLC

Anonymous said...

Another one of your "Scathingly Brilliant Ideas!" :)