Friday, March 28, 2008

I Love My Job....

I really don't want this blog to be all about my job, but I had a heck of a day and I want to vent just a little. Let me share just a few of the high points from my day at the Chamber of Horrors.

*My assignment covered ICU (with an open heart) , NICU, the Cardiac Stepdown unit, and ER.
For 12 hours.
* I was paged every 3 minutes. All....Day....Long....
*I was called to give a "STAT" treatment to a 90 year old DNR who was asystole because his "sats were dropping". I forgot....it's prevents-all (proventil) ....even death!
*I intubated a 24 year old on her 2nd suicide attempt.
*Blue Babies.

Those are only the ones I want to talk about.
Fun times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somedays saying "It's just a paycheck, it's just a paycheck" as a mantra chant gets you through a Friday. TGIF baby!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Sorry about your day dear. How's your head? I've had a whopper of a migraine. I love your bloggin. I feel the need to blog as well. JMG

Crooked Eyebrow said...

wow.
after all that, you have a right (and need) to vent.

the last two on the list broke my heart.