Monday, September 14, 2009

Sorry I've Been Busy.

So, yeah. I've been MIA for a little bit. I've been working some overtime and haven't felt like doing anything but vegging out when I get home.

Why am I working overtime? I've got a vacation to save $$ for! Spiderman and I haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon three years ago. We went to Mexico. Shortly after we got home, we started saving for a house. All our money went towards that. None for a vacation. Then we entered the wonderful world of infertility treatments which is VERY costly. Again, no money for a vacation.

So that brings us to a few months ago. I was still bumming about the baby failure and debt that went along with it when Spiderman got an email from one of his friends. They have a time-share that they cannot use because his wife is pregnant and is due shortly with their first child. For once being childless has a bonus! We were able to book 7 days in the Bahamas for relatively free. We got our passports, and found unbelievably cheap plane tickets. I didn't want to mention it until everything was in place, but IT. IS! We leave on October 3rd (the week of our 3rd anniversary). CAN YOU TELL THAT I'M EXCITED!!!!

Because we'll be gone the whole week, and I'm thinking that I won't bring my laptop with, I am looking for volunteers to guest post for me.

Any takers?

3 comments:

Adam said...

I'll do it.

Brandi said...

I am so excited for you that you are getting to go on vacation!!! Can I hide in your suitcase so I can go!!!!!

Mimi's Toes said...

OMG, I felt your excitement while reading. What an awesome friend to share his time share. I am sooooo happy for you & hubby. A well deserved vacation! Now, go shop for your new bikini!